Acupuncture Did You Know?
- Acupuncture is one of the oldest healing practices in the world? It has been effective for treating most health problems for thousands of years in China, Japan, Korea and other Asian countries.
- Acupuncture is only one aspect of Traditional Chinese Medicine? TCM uses pulse and tongue diagnosis to identify the root “cause” of a health problem. Treatments often include herbs, dietary recommendations and other lifestyle modifications in addition to acupuncture.
- There are over 2000 acupuncture points on the body? These points are connected by meridians that control the circulation of energy (Qi) throughout the body and visceral organs. Pain, disease and other health problems occur when this flow or balance is disrupted.
- Research supports the effectiveness of acupuncture? Studies show acupuncture stimulates your central nervous system causing the release of neurotransmitters and neurohormones that alter brain function, pain and physiological processes.
- Acupuncture is effective at relieving most health problems? Besides relieving pain, promoting relaxation and maintaining health, acupuncture and TCM are very effective for correcting the cause of problems with digestion, sleep and many women’s health problems including infertility and menopause.
Give us a call at (303) 934-3600 if you would like to learn more about how acupuncture or traditional Chinese Medicine can enhance your health!